1, What is visa on arrival?
This is an alternative way to get your visa for Vietnam. You just need to fill in our “Online application form”, pay the service fee, get your “Visa approval letter” within 2 working days and pick up your visa at your destination airport (Hanoi airport, Ho Chi Minh city airport, Cam Ranh Airport, Nha Trang and Da Nang Airport) .
On the receipt of Approval letter, the copy will be emailed to you immediately. At the same time, we will support you to send copies of the same documents to Vietnam Immigration checkpoints at International Airports only. On our arrival, the Immigration officers will have those documents ready and will be able to issue your entry visa quickly.
See Also: To make it more convenient for you after long flight, here is some useful detailed information.
Hanoi airport visa-on-arrival counter.
Ho Chi Minh city airport visa-on-arrival counter.
2, How to apply for an approval letter?
Please check out our How to apply section for more information.
Apply online for a visa approval letter in 3 easy steps
Fill the Online Form
Correct details of your name, passport number and arrival date, as well as and designate a payment method are required. We accept most major credit cards and debit cards. Have a question? Email us at email@example.com for a prompt response.
Print the approval letter:
After a short amount of time ( 1-2 working days or even shorter 1 hour in super-urgent case), we will send you an approval letter. Then you just need to print the PDF attachment file (color preferred, but not required) and prepare at least 1 passport sized photos (4cm x 6cm).
3, Get your visa stamp upon arrival at one of the Vietnam’s airports:
- Once you arrived at Vietnam’s airport in Hanoi (View Hanoi map), Danang, or Ho Chi Minh Airport (View Airport map), expect to fill in a simple form, present the your approval letter, passport, photos, and pay for the stamping fee. without hassle or trouble. (See our guide to visa procedure at Vietnam airports).
4, What is the “approval letter”?
The “Visa Approval Letter” is a official letter issued by the Immigration Office allowing you to enter and exit Vietnam for a given time period. With the approval letter, you can pick up your visa upon arrival at one of the three international airports in Vietnam (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Nha Trang City – Cam Ranh Airport and Da Nang).
Note 1: Normally, visa approval letter is usually issued in group and therefore, you may find your name and other information in the same letter as other people. if you want a private letter, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . The process of getting a private letter of approval may take 1-2 working days.
Note 2: The approval letter can not be amended once it is issued, you are required to apply for a new letter in case you wish to change your information.
Hanoi airport map – Hanoi airport visa-on-arrival counter.
Ho Chi Minh city airport map– Ho Chi Minh city airport visa-on-arrival counter.
5, How long does it takes to get the approval letter?
Normally, the approval letter is processed and emailed you within on(1) to two(2) working days. However, The Super-urgent cases take only 4 hours.
* Same Day Processing (Working day): If you submit your application and pay the fee before 12.00 PM Vietnam time on a Working day (Monday-Friday), we will send you the letter of approval by 18:00 PM on the same working day.
* Next Day Processing – Normal service (Working day): If you submit your application and pay the fee before 12.00 PM Vietnam time on a Working day (Monday-Friday), we will send you the letter of approval by 18:00 PM on the following (next) working day.
* Urgent Processing – (5 Hours): If you submit your application and pay the fee before 12.00 PM Vietnam time on a Working day (Monday-Friday), we will send you the letter of approval by 15:00 PM on the same working day.
* Super-Urgent Processing – (30 minutes): If you have already arrived at the airport but realized that you do not have approval letter by your side, contact us to deal with this emergency situation effectively.
6, How do I receive my visa approval letter?
We will email you a colored scanned copy of the approval letter , so please make sure that you have provided us with the correct email address.
You can also request a copy by fax. In this case, please provide us with your fax number and email it to email@example.com
Note: the approval letter is in PDF format, so please make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat reader in order to open the file.
7, What does the approval letter look like?
A sample of what the approval letter looks like can be found here
8, Are there any exceptions with this type of visa?
Yes, visa on arrival is NOT VALID for OVERLAND ENTRY. The three international airports in Vietnam that can give you your visa stamp with this approval letter are: Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi), Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City), Cam Ranh International Airport (Nha Trang) and Danang Airport (Da Nang).
Note: If you plan to enter Vietnam by land or cruise, please visit a Vietnamese embassy to get your visa.